Jakob Nielsen is a world renowned usability expert who developed the Top Ten Website Design Mistakes in the 1990’s. His Alert Box is an email newsletter that keeps you up to date with the latest website usability news and I am still subscribed to it.
I would recommend you too sign up for the news letter and keep up to date with this usability tips – fantastic basics for creating websites. After all, accessibility and usability are undeniably very closely linked.
Jakob Nielsen has been hailed as an expert in just about every single publication:
- “the guru of Web page usability” (The New York Times)
- “the king of usability” (Internet Magazine)
- one of the top ten minds in small business (FORTUNE Small Business)
- “the next best thing to a true time machine” (USA Today)
- “the smartest person on the Web” (ZDNet AnchorDesk)
- “the world’s leading expert on Web usability” (U.S. News & World Report)
- “the world’s leading expert on user-friendly design” (Stuttgarter Zeitung, Germany)
- “knows more about what makes Web sites work than anyone else on the planet” (Chicago Tribune, March 6, 2000)
- “the usability Pope” (Wirtschaftswoche Magazine, Germany)
- “one of the world’s foremost experts in Web usability” (Business Week)
- “the Web’s usability czar” (WebReference.com)
- “the reigning guru of Web usability” (FORTUNE)
- “eminent Web usability guru” (CNN)
- “perhaps the best-known design and usability guru on the Internet” (Financial Times)
- “new-media pioneer” (Newsweek)
Visit UseIt for more information.
If you want to procure, or design and build sites with accessibility in mind in the UK, you’ll find the following documents useful: