Shaun Anderson is Head of SEO and a co-founder of Hobo Web & MBSA Marketing LTD. Shaun is the senior SEO consultant at Hobo.
Shaun practices SEO daily and has a keen interest in user experience, conversion optimisation, web accessibility, and link building. He has worked on hundreds of websites and managed hundreds of online marketing campaigns in many industries over almost 20 years.
Shaun started as an SEO consultant in his former advertising agency in 1999 and launched the Hobo website in March 2006.
- Featured in Search Engine Journal’s Top SEO Experts You Should Be Following in 2021
- Ranked N01 Best UK SEO Blog by Feedspot (2018)
- Ranked N05 in “29 Awesome SEO Blogs to Follow in 2018 (Graded and Ranked)” by Ahrefs
- His ‘white hat’ content strategy (for this website) made it to the front page of Reddit (May 2015)
- Circa 300 endorsements on Linkedin for ‘SEO.’
- Listed in the search for “The most influential individual in UK search marketing and SEO” by The Drum Magazine (2014)
- Nominated for Best SEO Blog at 2012 UK Search Awards
- Voted ‘Most Influential’ UK SEO 2010 in Industry Poll
- Voted 60th Most Influential Marketer of 2009
- Guest Presenter – Jim Boykin’s SEO Class 2008
- Official Guest Speaker IWTC Irish Web Technology Conference 2008
- Guest Speaker SECC Grow Your Own Business Conference 2008
- Best Emerging Business – RUNNER-UP – Chamber Of Commerce Bees Knees Awards 2007 (with Hobo)
- GOLD WINNER – SFEU Scottish Colleges Marketing Awards 2006 (for North Glasgow College)
- Scottish Finalist ‘SHELL LIVEWIRE’ 1998
- FINALIST – Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing Challenge 1998
- WINNER – PSYBT Princes Trust Inverclyde New Business Idea Awards 1997
- REGISTERED MEMBER – RNIB’s Campaign for Good Web Design Supporter
Shaun has been the senior SEO consultant at Hobo since 2007 and is involved in managing SEO projects for hundreds of sites, some websites with a few pages and some websites with millions of pages.
Shaun has over 20 years of experience working online and specialises in SEO (search engine optimisation) for Google.
Shaun is experienced in SEO audits, site quality analysis, web usability analysis, user experience, conversion rate optimisation, and landing page SEO.
Skills & Endorsements
Shaun Anderson’s Top ‘Skills’ has been voted thus by 5K+ Linkedin connections:
- SEO (circa 300 endorsements)
- Web Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Website Development
- Online Advertising
- Organic Search
- Link Building
- Google Analytics
According to Linkedin (and voted by third parties), he also is knowledgeable about…
- Web Development
- Web Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Keyword Research
- Social Media Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Landing Page…
- Digital Marketing
- Blog Marketing
- Search Advertising
- Lead Generation
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Online Lead Generation
- Affiliate Marketing
- Website Promotion
- Copy Writing
- Internet Strategy
- Online Reputation…
- Local Search
- Search Engine Submission
- Social Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Google Website Optimizer
Shaun is involved in a large Global community of other search engine optimisers that practice Google SEO. As a result, Shaun has been listed on about 500 Twitter Lists (although he tweets relatively rarely) and the Hobo Web site also ranks for a lot of seo-related keywords because of his content marketing for Hobo.
Shaun develops the organic marketing strategy for the Hobo Web site.
Shaun spends a lot of his time breaking down challenges in SEO, identifying markers in processes, and coming up with solutions to SEO problems for clients.
The rest of his time is spent helping clients prioritise SEO tasks to focus their resources on.
Shaun is a white hat SEO consultant by necessity. He manages client websites in the same fashion as he manages the Hobo Web site. Essentially, that means following Google Webmaster recommendations to the letter.
QUOTE: “For whatever reason, Hobo-web doesn’t usually get mentioned on such lists, which is a shame. It’s almost certainly one of the best single-author SEO blogs out there. Shaun’s posts are few and far between but when he does publish something, you can bet it’s worth reading. His posts regularly pass the 5K word mark, and although word count isn’t everything, they’re well-structured and a pleasure to read. He has 20 years experience in online marketing and it shows.” Joshua Hardwick, Ahrefs Testimonials
Shaun manages and writes the content for this Hobo website. As a result of blogging and activity in the SEO industry, the Hobo blog has attracted over 8 million visitors in its lifetime, so far and boasts over 45K email subscribers.
In April 2009, he published a ‘Beginners Guide To UK SEO‘ (updated in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018) which has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times.
Feel free to connect with Shaun on any of the channels below: