If you’re a student of SEO (search engine optimisation) seeking a comprehensive guide to the best search engines to use today, you’ve come to the right place. This article is for those interested in exploring beyond Google, offering insights into global search engines with unique features and audience demographics.
Here are some of the best search engines you can try:
- Google: Known for its vast number of algorithms providing fast and accurate search results.
- Bing: Notable for its rewards program and advanced image and video search results.
- DuckDuckGo: Popular for prioritising user privacy and not tracking or collecting user data.
- Yahoo: One of the oldest search engines, powered by Bing.
- Baidu: The most significant search engine in China, tailored to the Chinese language and culture.
- Yandex: The most popular search engine in Russia, also used in other countries like Belarus, Turkey, and Kazakhstan.
- Brave Search: Offers a private and anonymous search within or outside the browser.
- Neeva: A subscription-based, privacy-centric search engine.
- You: Allows personalisation of search results with over 150 apps to add.
- Startpage: Focuses on user privacy and security, sourcing its search results from Google.
- Ecosia: Donates a portion of its ad revenue to tree-planting initiatives.
- Swisscows: A privacy-oriented search engine known for its family friendliness.
- Ask: An old search engine, but still going.
- WolframAlpha: An answer engine that uses computational intelligence to provide answers.
- Gibiru: Offers uncensored and private search, advocating for internet privacy rights.
What are the best search engines to use?
The world of search engines extends far beyond Google.
Each search engine offers unique features and benefits, from privacy protection to rewards programs. Whether you’re interested in exploring new search capabilities or seeking a more personalised search experience, there’s a search engine for you.
If you’re new to SEO, don’t forget to check out our free SEO checklist. With over 20 years of experience, I’m here to guide you through the ever-evolving digital landscape of SEO.
For more insights into the world of SEO (search engine optimisation), you might find our articles on Duplicate Content SEO and How to change domain names & keep rankings in Google useful.
Read my article on search engine submission next.