Are you keen to learn Google SEO? Let’s simplify the complex world of search engine optimisation for Google. Whether you’re a business owner, a blogger, a web developer or an individual looking to enhance your online presence, this guide is for you.
This is a beginner’s guide to learning Google SEO, starting with the very basics.
Quote: “The best way to learn SEO is to practice making optimisations for a real website. You edit a website that ranks in search engines and record how Google responds to your changes. As an SEO, you monitor organic search engine traffic and track keyword rankings for individual keyword phrases and pages.” Hobo
How to learn SEO:
- Understand how search engines work: Search engines operate by discovering content, storing it in a database known as an index, and returning matching results from the index when a search is made. Your content needs to be in Google’s index to rank in their search results.
- Do your keyword research: This involves finding what your customers are searching for. Use a keyword research tool to find relevant keywords for your industry and their monthly search volumes.
- Optimise your page content with on-page SEO: This involves understanding what searchers want and providing it to them. It’s about optimising your content to match a user’s search intent. Make useful content: Before SEO comes useful content.
- Earn high-quality backlinks: Backlinks from relevant and high-quality websites can significantly boost your rankings. Link building is about acquiring links from other websites to your site.
- Ensure technical SEO is on point: This ensures that search engines can find, crawl, and index your content. Without these, your pages are unlikely to show up in the search results.
- Get experienced: The real learning in SEO happens when you apply the theory. Start by ensuring your technical SEO is on point and then move on to keyword research, content creation, and link building.
- Deepen your SEO knowledge in a specific area: Niche down. Once you’ve got the basics down, choose an area to specialise in. This could be anything from link building to technical SEO.
- Stay updated with the latest SEO trends: SEO is constantly evolving. Stay in the loop by attending SEO conferences, joining SEO communities, and following SEO blogs and podcasts.
- Share your knowledge with others: Teaching others helps reinforce your own understanding. Share your insights and experiences with others in the SEO community.
Learning Google SEO is a continuous process. It’s not just about understanding the theory but also about applying it in practice. By staying updated with the latest trends and sharing your knowledge, you can become a professional SEO.
You can do this by joining my free SEO course.