I am Head of SEO at Hobo Web LTD. I am a search engine optimisation consultant.
I love seo, user experience, web accessibility and link building. I have worked on hundreds of websites and online marketing campaigns over the last 15 years, in many industries.
I started working in an advertising agency in 1999, and thought up a dedicated website design division of the agency, in 2001/2, and, seeing Google as the future of advertising, went on to start this website, and then co-found Hobo Web LTD, a specialist seo company based in Greenock, near Glasgow, Scotland, on April 01, 2006.
During my career I have been involved in developing websites to standards and search engine marketing projects for universities, colleges, charities, corporates, small business and sme, finance sites, well known UK brands, cathedrals and the NHS – to name but a few.
My blog usually attracts over 100,000 visitors a month and has over 20,000 regular subscribers.
In April 2009, I published a ‘Beginners Guide To Google SEO’ (updated in April 2013 and in April 2015) which has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times. It’s a free PDF .
Google has sent this site nearly 5 million users since I started blogging in 2007.
I have 14 years experience online and specialise today in search engine optimisation for Google. Before I was obsessed with Google, seo and link building, my passion was accessible website design – that is, designing websites that are accessible by all.
I’m interested in web usability, user experience, landing page optimisation.
- My ‘white hat’ content strategy (for Hobo) made it to the front page of Reddit (May 2015)
- 250+ endorsements on Linkedin for ‘seo.’
- Nominated for Best SEO Blog at 2012 UK Search Awards
- Voted ‘Most Influential’ UK SEO 2010 in Industry Poll
- Voted 60th Most Influential Marketer of 2009
- Guest Presenter – Jim Boykin’s SEO Class 2008
- Official Guest Speaker IWTC Irish Web Technology Conference 2008 (SEO)
- Guest Speaker SECC Grow Your Own Business Conference 2008 (SEO)
- Best Emerging Business – RUNNER-UP – Chamber Of Commerce Bees Knees Awards 2007 (with Hobo)
- GOLD WINNER – SFEU Scottish Colleges Marketing Awards 2006 (for North Glasgow College) with Adpartners
- Scottish Finalist ‘SHELL LIVEWIRE’ 1998
- FINALIST – Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing Challenge 1998
- WINNER – PSYBT Princes Trust Inverclyde New Business Idea Awards 1997
- REGISTERED MEMBER – RNIB’s Campaign for Good Web Design Supporter
Feel free to connect with me using the form on this page, or any of the channels below: