Marketing Director and Director of SEO at Hobo Web LTD, one of the UK’s most recognised independent search engine optimisation providers. A passion for on-site SEO, linkbuilding, marketing and web accessibility, Shaun has worked on hundreds of websites and online marketing campaigns over the last 14 years, in almost every kind of industry.
Started working in an advertising agency in 1999, was instrumental in the founding of a dedicated website design division of the agency, in 2001/2, and co-founded Hobo Web LTD, a specialist seo and website design company based in Greenock, Scotland, on April 01, 2006.
Throughout his career has been involved in website design and search engine marketing projects for universities, colleges, charities, corporates, small business and sme, finance sites, well known UK brands, cathedrals and the NHS – to name but a few.
The Hobo site attracts over 50,000 visitors a month and has over nearly 20,000 regular subscribers. He’s well known in the UK SEO community (as Hobo). In April 2009 he published his ‘Beginners Guide To Google SEO’ (updated in April 2013) which has been downloaded over 100,000 times. It’s a free PDF you can pick up if you subscribe to the Hobo Blog, and there is a free guide to Google SEO on the hobo site.
14 years experience online and specialises today in search engine optimisation for Google. Before he was obsessed with Google, seo and link building, his passion was accessible website design – that is, designing websites that are accessible by all.
Shaun’s interested in web usability, landing page optimisation and simple design solutions that meet the intent of a visitor to a site. A prolific writer, he writes on the Hobo blog in his free time.
- Voted ‘Most Influential’ UK SEO 2010 in Industry poll
- Voted 60th Most Influential Marketer of 2009
- Guest Presenter – Jim Boykin’s SEO Class 2008
- Official Guest Speaker IWTC Irish Web Technology Conference 2008 (SEO)
- Guest Speaker SECC Grow Your Own Business Conference 2008 (SEO)
- Best Emerging Business – RUNNER-UP – Chamber Of Commerce Bees Knees Awards 2007 (with Hobo)
- GOLD WINNER – SFEU Scottish Colleges Marketing Awards 2006 (for North Glasgow College) with Adpartners
- Scottish Finalist ‘SHELL LIVEWIRE’ 1998
- FINALIST – Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing Challenge 1998
- WINNER – PSYBT Princes Trust Inverclyde New Business Idea Awards 1997
- REGISTERED MEMBER – RNIB’s Campaign for Good Web Design Supporter