Fact – You don’t need to pay to get into search engines listings, and Google (and Bing and Yahoo) will probably find your site as soon as it is on the web (or soon after).
How To Submit A Site To Google, Bing and Yahoo: Typically, just get a few links to your website, from other sites that are already in these search engines themselves. Search engines find these links and follow them to your site.
Submitting your site to Google isn’t hard, in 2012. Getting a link from another website, to your website, will usually do the trick and in fact in recent months you don’t really have to do that.
BUT – If you really want to give your site a chance to rank well:
- Make sure all your title tags are unique
- Make sure your meta-descriptions are unique
- Make sure all your pages link to each other, or at least relevant pages
- Read Google Webmaster Guidelines and what others think of them
All going well in a couple of weeks ,after putting something unique on your website, Google will find your website and your site will rank somewhere in all the search engines listings.
It can take hours, days or weeks to get into the search engines. To find out if your site is in the search engines just use the site command but replace it with your web address eg:
Type this into the Google search box:
- site:www.hobo-web.co.uk or if you are looking for a specific page, use