Looking for a website powered by WordPress (WP) that will make your company stand out from the crowd, and rank high in search engines? Hobo is a Scottish website design company, based in Greenock, near Glasgow, that’s passionate about accessible website design and search engine optimisation. We build modern looking WordPress websites to industry standards, that are highly tuned (optimised) to work in Google. Our stylish websites download fast, are easy to edit and are easy for visitors to use, because we focus on simple design, intelligent information architecture, and usability.
We’ve had the pleasure of working with national companies, brand names, colleges, universities, the NHS, charities, corporates and many small businesses throughout Scotland, and indeed the UK, and across the world.
Small Business WordPress Website Development
We have an incredible small business website design package for you to take advantage of, if just starting out. Small businesses can take advantage of our low price small business website design package, tailored with everything a small business NEEDS for a successful website, and we mean EVERYTHING!
When customers buy website design services from Hobo , each website comes complete with an open-source WordPress CMS (content management system) – meaning they are very easy to edit, with no web design experience required.
WordPress is our favourite CMS. Infinitely expandable, It’s suitable for any organisation or SME. We’ve designed WP websites for small businesses to large organisations, it’s perfect for a portal style website, a library or directory, a blog, an e-commerce shop or store, a newsletter or a simple website.
WordPress can do, well, just about anything you want it to do. We design, develop, host, manage and optimise WordPress websites too – in fact we discuss WordPress SEO often on this site too. WordPress was traditionally a blog system, but lately it’s become a full CMS-like system we love to work with, and it’s perfect for the small business or indeed any organisation.
THIS Hobo website blog is powered by WordPress – and we get 86,000 (Jan 2014) visitors a month to our website (and most of that is free traffic from Google via SEO – search engine optimisation – our CORE skill set).
We make websites people can find in Google.
We specialise in converting old, out of date websites to new WordPress systems and integrating the CMS into clean, bespoke CSS & HTML designs to suit your corporate ID. We have spent YEARS developing our skills and web products together, and can guarantee you a quick, friendly and professional web design service.
Although we are based in the sunny coastal resort of Greenock, just 30 minutes from Glasgow (Scotland) it doesn’t matter where you are located! We have clients all over Scotland, and indeed the world.
Don’t Buy A CMS – Get A FREE Content Management System
Based in Scotland, Hobo is, first and foremost, a SEO company, but we make WordPress websites. In fact, we’ve built WordPress websites for corporates, colleges, universities and charities – and a lot of small businesses. To be successful in Google, you need a website you can update easily, because Google loves fresh content. Understanding this, every site we design needs to be easy to edit, and easy to add this fresh content that is so important to free traffic from Google.
That’s why, when you hire us to create your next website design, every one of our websites come with a free content management system (a CMS) installed. Yes, that’s right – you do not need to ‘buy it’.
What’s more, it’s not just any CMS either. Our website designers use two – Joomla and WordPress – both of which have been quite literally voted ‘best in the world’ when it comes to what they each do.
What Is ‘WordPress’?
WordPress is a full fledged content management system, created by the ‘community’, for the community, and free. You don’t need to buy it, no matter what other website design companies may tell you. What’s more it is super-powerful, allowing you to do whatever you want to do with your site, and we can give you a free quote.
We don’t ‘sell’ WordPress. These CMS come free. When you employ us to design your new website, we build the new site ‘on top’ of these systems, so you (or your staff) can edit the site yourself.
When you buy a website from Hobo, you can be assured it’ll be Google friendly, built with web accessibility in mind, professionally designed and easy to edit. You’re paying for the time it takes to create the look and feel of the site and then develop the structure and content of the site. The CMS is not a ‘cost’, so you instantly save money. All our effort goes into configuring the usability, visibility and accessibility of the site.
At the end, you own the site, the domain, the design and the right to operate your site built on WordPress. You own everything, including all creative copyright. There’s no catches.
The only website you’ll ever need!
And you can try it – Before you buy it! It’s got everything you’d ever need from most websites – truly cutting edge in every way. We’re genuinely excited with this new product, and the cost we can supply it for! Bespoke Website Design, 100% Content Managed, Search Engine Friendly, Unlimited User Licences and near infinitely Expandable.
This website is suitable for any almost any organisation and we have a fantastic small business website offer for you.
1. 100% Content Managed Website
Yes! You can change the text, images and navigation on the site. You can make whole sections appear or disappear on your site with one click of a button. You can upload pdfs or word documents.
2. Search Engine Friendly
Your new WordPress website generates search engine friendly pages, meaning you will get all the pages on your site into Google, Yahoo and MSN. Combined with our Hobo SEO package, you can be sure of good visibility in Google etc.
3. Cutting Edge Accessible Website Design
The WordPress system is uses the latest search engine friendly CSS templates to generate all your web pages, ensuring your website is published meeting any UK Government or W3C Recommendation for good practice website design accessibility.
Your new Wordpress site contains a powerful Content Management System (CMS) that will help you get the most out of your website.
WordPress is suitable for:
- Corporate websites or portals
- Online commerce
- Small business websites
- Non-profit and organizational websites
- Government applications
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Schools, Churches & Cathedrals Web Design
- Personal or family homepages
- Community-based portals
- Magazines and newspapers
- the possibilities are limitless
WordPress can be used to easily manage every aspect of your website, from adding content and images to updating a product catalog or taking online reservations.
WordPress for End Users
Once WordPress is installed and running, it is simple for even non-technical users to add or edit content, easy to update images, and simple to manage the critical data that makes your company or organisation tick. Anybody with basic word processing skills can easily learn to manage a WordPress site.
Via a simple, browser-based interface (ie you can log in from anywhere!) you will be able to easily add new press releases or news items, manage staff pages, job listings, product images, and create an unlimited amount of sections or content pages on your site.
A new website can be launched, with your bespoke design and feel, with your content and the following pages and plug-ins installed as standard:
* 10 Pages (unlimited page generation)
* Free set-up, free domain management and free hosting for 1 year
* Document Management / Upload System
* News Blog
* Email Newsletter (RSS)
* Data Collection and Reporting Tools
* Email Contact Form
* Powerful Google Analytics software to track visitors!
The basic system can be expanded to include:
* Integrated e-commerce systems
* Inventory control systems
* Data reporting tools
* Custom product catalogs
* Complex business directories
* Reservation systems
* Communication tools
* Application bridges
* Image and Multimedia Gallery
* or any kind of application to suit a unique need, and costed separate
This website publishing system is ideal for any type of organisation or business. The basic system can be in place in fast. Bespoke designs within a week or two!
Based in Glasgow and looking for a web design company?
We’re eager and willing to submit detailed website specification and very competitive cost estimate documents for any website design and development projects you may have.
We specialise in WordPress Blogs and Joomla website design and development.
We recently beat off competition from 5 website design companies and advertising agencies to win 3 website design projects in a tender pitch for the NHS (NHS GPAS, NHS SCI and NHS Lanarkshire), complete with Content Management Systems (CMS) and tested to expert standards for usability and web accessibility.
We also beat 11 other companies in the UK in a pitch to win Dunblane Cathedral Online, a full web redesign and management job, and that website has lasted over 6 years, with minimal fuss.
If you have a job you would like us to give you a no obligation spec for, contact us today – why not send us (in full confidence) your document and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. View our portfolio and you can see the websites we have designed.
We’ll try our very best to give you the most competitive quote based on your client requirements, which we can even help you formulate.
Rest assured our cost estimates are complete, professional, transparent and accurate – and then we’ll deliver the service we promise – check out how much does it cost to make a website or contact us.
Call us on 0845 094 0839, or use the form below to contact us.
Small Business Website Design Package
We have had a lot of small businesses ask about our very competitively priced ‘Edit-Yourself’ Small Business Website Design Package, so I thought I would post on the blog what type of small business website package you actually get from only £1,250 +VAT.
What You Get
- Free domain name or free domain name management (your web address)
- Email accounts for website. You can add as many as you like (if you want us to manage your email) and we’ll initially create up to 5 for you.
- 1 years free website hosting, then £100 per year after that.
- A full content management system (CMS) so you can edit the site yourself, add pages, change structure, add text, add plugins… you can do anything with it – and you can log in to your secure area from any computer, anywhere in the world, whenever you want to make changes
- A design for your website based on open-source website templates and, for instance, your logo.
- Latest news, newsletter & RSS feeds & subscription so you can build your own email list
- A seo-friendly website design and website structure
- Basic ad-hoc SEO (search engine optimisation) based on a few select keywords YOU supply
- We’ll get you listed in Yahoo, Bing, Google and other search engines
- We will supply a users guide to the CMS that we deliver
- We’ll launch the website with your text and images in place, then you take it from there, with our continued support if you wish
- We’ll install Google Analytics, so you can see how many visitors visit your website, where they come from and what they do on your website
This small business website design package is designed to give you a fully functional website you own and control 100%, an editable website where you can easily publish and un-publish pages and news. We’re a SEO company, so we know how to build websites that search engines like.
How long does it take to build a website? We can usually create and launch your site to the world in 4 weeks assuming you can supply us with everything we need.
You can check out our portfolio of websites to see we’ve worked with colleges, the NHS, big businesses and charities, but we’ve made websites for small businesses in Scotland and England.
So that’s it. The Hobo SME / Small Business Website Design & Promotion Package – yours from Only £1,250 +VAT – and we will handle everything.
Of course, we’ll help you in every way we can;
- You need to supply everything in electronic format (images and content).
- Our websites range from £1,250 to £10,000. Costs for web design vary and are based largely on the cost of the actual design, amount of content and images, and functionality. The small business package is designed to give you a cutting edge seo-friendly website at the lowest cost possible.
- We don’t guarantee rankings in Google, no SEO company can or should. You’ll have a seo-friendly website and by adding good content to your site, attracting good quality links from other relevant websites, and by examining your competitors and carrying out keyword research, you’ll have a chance to rank for desired keyterms in Google (or you can employ us to do this for you, as the package is not a SEO campaign designed to get you to No1 in Google for competitive key phrases)
- Any training, additional work that we have to complete or functionality that we have to include out-with the items listed above will be charged for at our hourly rate.
- We’re not responsible for problems arising when dealing with 3rd part hosting or domain management firms.
- The small business web site package does not include E Commerce Shops – although this can be quoted for.