RESEARCH: I do a lot of analysis. Here is a list of the top universities in the UK ranked by how well they perform in Google organic search engine results pages (SERPs) on google.co.uk. Basically – how well the respective university sites perform in Google ‘using’ SEO (search engine optimisation).
It is no surprise Google sends a lot of valuable traffic to university sites. A university site NOT taking advantage of the way Google prefers such domains is really missing a trick.
I rated 235 university domains.
The top ten university sites in the UK that earn the most value out of Google organic traffic are:
- University College London (England)
- Northumbria University (England)
- The Open University (UK)
- University of Cambridge (England)
- Oxford University (England)
- Newcastle University (England)
- Cardiff University (Wales)
- University of Portsmouth (England)
- University of York (England)
- University of Edinburgh (Scotland)
NOTE: I use SEMRush (aff), Url Profiler (aff) and Majestic to score and rank the UK’s best-performing university websites in the table below (scroll down). I have no-followed affiliate links on this page and in the table below to comply with search engine preferences. Third party metrics are never 100% accurate. They are best used to calculate a relative scoring system. These results are only my opinion looking at third-party organic search metrics. Criticisms welcome.