Sometime ago I paid for a copy of Website Auditor (Aff*) to have a play about with and I like it.
You can download a free version to trial (ZIP FILE (Aff*)) before you part with any cash, too.
Basically it’s a tool for spidering, checking and evaluating the links and pages on your website. It’s ideal for seo and web developers alike who are tasked with maintaining a website.
I like it to get an idea of the structure of a site – to see how many pages have the least/most links, which pages have external links and finding broken links. it can do a lot more, though.
It’s quite powerful, and can certainly help you audit a site – it’s purpose.
WebSite Auditor will help you easily find and fix the following problems:
- Broken links
- HTML code errors
- Duplicate content
- 404 and other server response code errors
- Not indexed webpages
- Missing or too long titles and meta description
I found Website Auditor pretty easy to get to grip with, and it does have a few powerful features:
- Site architecture and internal linking analysis
- Most linked-to and linked-from webpages
- Google PageRank distribution across all pages
- Link Value that each webpage can pass per link
- When each page was indexed and cached in major search engines
- Not indexed webpages
- Complete website SEO health check
- Domain’s and each webpage’s performance in search engines and social media sites
- Keyword density and prominence in each page element on your site and among top 10 competitors
- Most popular keywords and keyphrases used by your site and top 10 competing sites
It has a cool REPORTS feature that will even let you print a client friendly report if you need it.
I really like this tool. The only downside for me is the actual reporting function. NOT the reporting function itself – that is cool, more the metrics it focuses on.
It suffers from the same shortcomings a lot of seo tools suffer from – reporting focuses on a few metrics and scores them in a way I don’t think is as valuable as it could be to the overall seo process. But then again, effective seo is not as machine-friendly as some seo software companies would hope it to be.
All in all a good seo tool for auditing your website structure, I’ll be using it for a while, and test it out more, I think. Available for Apple Mac and PC.
Other Marketing Software Reviews by Hobo:
*Affiliate links are clearly labelled (AF) – If you were to purchase a product using these links, we would get a small percentage of the sale. WE HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH THE VENDOR. Affiliate link use is pretty simple on the Hobo blog – if we spend time reviewing a product, we may use aff links in the review post.