Web Designer / Website Developer Vacancy
SORRY! This job is filled!
A unique job opportunity to join our young, exciting and growing company based in Greenock, near Glasgow. The working environment is friendly but focussed on delivery. The start date for the position is ASAP depending on the successful applicant.
We are a website design, development and search engine optimisation (optimization) / SEO company with big ideas and high profile clients.
You need to have a real passion for the web with good experience of web development / design either commercially or personally (URL examples required). You will be a good communicator, a team player and keen to develop your skills and drive the business forward. An organised approach and constant attention to detail are essential. You will also have an exceptional work ethic and be able to use your time productively. Of course you’ll be wanting to learn more about Web 2.0, SEO and Accessibility.
The role includes:
- Development of custom HTML/CSS applications and modifications to existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Developing the web design side of the business and managing the workload eventually.
- Delivering quality products to determined deadlines.
- Training a junior member of staff.
Core Skills Required:
- HTML / XHTML & CSS. A working knowledge of code editing outside a GUI interface is preferred.
- Software of choice will be Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ideally have a knowledge of PHP based CMS (i.e. Joomla, Drupal, WordPress). This is not essential but will be an important part of the role so you will be expected to learn and deploy these systems quickly.
- A familiarity with W3C HTML & CSS standards and general accessibility issues (Testing tools, such as W3C code validators, Firefox Web Developer extension, or similar)
- Basic knowledge of PHP, ASP and Mysql preferred but not essential
The successful applicant will be judged on ability and enthusiasm rather than experience and qualifications.
This job / vacancy isnt just a job. It can be a career for the successful applicant. This opportunity is suitable for applicants in the Glasgow & Inverclyde area (Greenock being 30 minutes train journey from Glasgow with trains ever 15-20 minutes)
Salary will be based on Experience.
For further information on this job / position, please forward a copy of your most up to date CV (including URL examples) to: email@example.com