If I didn’t have a clue how to launch my site and didn’t know my arse from my elbow in social media, here is how I would launch a site today;
- Get a domain name. Exact match? I’d certainly consider it.
- Put up a holding page with primary keywords once and one link to the domain address. Under optimise but theme the page with the keywords the site will target
- Get a link from another website
- Spend the next 1-3 months getting your content together behind the holding page.
- Spend the next 1-3 months on Digg & Stumbleupon – DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SITE
- Say you have 25 Pages
- Create A Piece Of Quality Original Citable content or linkbait built around a related or exact keyword – a top ten list :)
- Launch Your Site (replace your index file with the new site)
- Get a friend to Digg & Stumble Your Citable content
- Launch Traffic from Stumbleupon – perhaps thousands – Can you capitalise?
- Organic links from Digg and perhaps traffic
- A visit from Google
- Hopefully a decent ranking for your page
Well it worked for me the other week.
Then you start blogging. Link out. Remember for you it will probably all be about the content.