Our free link building Ebook will be sent out end of this week, but here’s a quick online press release tip for small businesses meantime….
A lot of press release sites are crappy, but some do a job. Google makes it simple for you to idnetify which press releases are decent ones by including them in their News Results.
- Examine your niche in Google – by typing in varying keywords related to your industry – it doesn’t even have to be your industry ;)
- Observe if any of these keywords bring up “News Results“
- Go to the site and see if it is a free press release site (a lot are)
- Spend 15 minutes crafting a unique original article about your business and submit it with a link back to your site – NOTE – ensure you include valuable keywords in the article TITLE!
- In 15 minutes you might find you’re at the top (or at least on the front page) of Google results (and you can stay there I’ve witnessed for up to 6 days)
- The residual bonus effect is that these sites might even have the domain authority for the article itself to rank in organic listings (so do it at least a couple of times on the same site to get double listings in Google etc) – that’s why you want to have unique articles, too.
- Rinse and repeat ad nauseum if you like
If you’re a small business in a less competitive niche or in a particular geographic area – you might find yourself at the top of Google for a week – for free.
I could have listed ten free press release sites ( I never pay) to submit to but in all honestly I like to see the sites that Google likes at that instant and you do that by using Google.
Press releasees are pretty useful to get the word out especially about events and product launches etc.