it’s simple to display a dynamic date in your footer in WordPress, perfect for dynamic footers so you never need to change your copyright notice on your blog when the year changes.
This little bit of code will display the current year. Just add it in your theme’s footer.php and you can forget about making sure you don’t look stupid, or give the impression your site is out of date and unused, at the beginning of every year.
© Copyright 2004 - <?php echo date("Y") ?>
Simple and elegant php copyright notice for WordPress blogs.
- The Best WordPress SEO Plugin
- Advice – Nofollow Blog Comments
- Do WordPress Self Pings Waste Pagerank?
- Host WordPress blog in a subdomain or directory?
- How To Exclude A Category or Post From RSS Feed in WordPress
- List Recent Posts From Single Category on Posts Within Same Category
- Add Text To Home Page Only on WordPress Blog
- WordPress Contact Form 7 Redirect To Thank You Page
- Speed Up Contact Form 7 Plugin For WordPress
- Dynamic PHP Copyright Notice in WordPress
- How To Import Large WordPress XML File Above Default Limit Size
This article was first published January 5th, 2011