Designing and launching a website can be a pain, even when managed correctly.
Here’s 10 reasons your site won’t be launched today…..
- The changes you sent to the design brief on Wednesday
- The 150 images you sent to us yesterday
- The text you sent to us Tuesday…. in the post….. er, on paper
- This is the first time your boss has seen it?
- You never told us all your organisation used IE4
- Yes, as we mentioned, 1024×768 won’t fit on your bosses smaller screen
- What do you mean your logo is changing
- So you’ve actually not got any content ready for sections 3,4,5,6 and 7?
- Ah….. so you want sections 3,4,5 and 7 removed from the navigation….
- The guy who controls your domain is leaving early today?
The list could go on…… good communication is paramount when developing any website. It’s a learning process, and you hopefully can only get better at it with time and experience.
I’m going to lay down in my next post what things a web designer should make clear to their client and get agreements on when developing any website.